Dogsandkittens

Home for Dogs,Kittens And Friends

Tuesday, 21 July 2020

I Love Dogs But I Don’t Want One Anymore

How I Got A Dog
How I Got A Dog

I didn’t think my son was ready. “You’re only 24!” I said to him. “You’re not ready for a responsibility this big. You travel for work, you live in a tiny apartment and you can barely feed yourself!” No, I wasn’t talking about him having a baby. I was talking about him wanting a dog. And he wanted a big dog like the one he grew up.

This was four years ago, just a few months after our much-loved dog, Chappy, whom we adopted when she was four months old, died at age 17. Now, my children had moved out of the house and I announced that I was done with the responsibilities of day-to-day care of any living thing, and that included plants. This was my chance to be free to do … well, I wasn’t quite certain what I was going to be free to do, but I knew it didn’t include being available every time my barely adult son needed help with a dog.



from The Bark https://ift.tt/30zFb3R

No comments:

Post a Comment

dog species

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate : By BY GRACE ASHFORD from NYT New York https://ift.tt/Lp4NlVH fr...