Dogsandkittens

Home for Dogs,Kittens And Friends

Thursday 30 January 2020

I made headlines as a personal finance guru. Within months, I was drowning in debt

I made headlines as a personal finance guru. Within months, I was drowning in debt:

Just as my career was taking off, I realized I couldn’t manage my own money. The solution to my dilemma was not what I expected

On a warm spring day in March 2015, I fluttered around our family home with nervous energy. In one hour, I had a phone interview with one of Canada’s largest newspapers, the Globe and Mail. As a budding freelance writer, I had pitched the story of my family’s downsizing journey, hoping to get my first big assignment. Instead, one of Canada’s most well-known finance reporters would be calling to interview me. Six months earlier, my husband and I, used to going against the grain in many ways, had chosen to leave our trendy home with natural sunlight, cherry-wood cabinets and fossil gray carpet, and move into an underground abode without a speck of color or luxury. The trade-off: we could finally afford diapers.

To pass the time before my interview, I read Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball to my two daughters. From my position, cocooned in their room, I had a view of the window that framed the feet of visitors walking down the steps toward our apartment.

Continue reading…

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2vwlgH3
from Tumblr https://ift.tt/31aIzSC

No comments:

Post a Comment

dog species

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate : By BY GRACE ASHFORD from NYT New York https://ift.tt/Lp4NlVH fr...