Dogsandkittens

Home for Dogs,Kittens And Friends

Thursday 24 October 2019

Poppet – 18 month old female Cross-Breed

Poppet is an 18 month old female Cross-Breed. I’m not having an easy time at all. I started my life in Spain. As soon as we were no longer puppies we were chained up and kept in a dark shed. Me, Toby and Lizzie. Thankfully a local volunteer found us and put word out through rescue network. A wonderful group of rescue people in Scotland clubbed together to get us to the UK. A lovely lady in Leamington spa said she would foster me with a view to adopting as she has two older lady hounds.

So I arrived to stay with them three weeks ago. Things have not gone as well as wanted. I’m just a little girl 18 months and all I want to do is play and I don’t quite understand why they don’t want to play like Toby and Lizzie. I’m a real cuddle bug and I’m loving living in a home but this is not my forever home as the two old hounds need left in peace. I need someone to play with preferable a male dog or be the only dog so I can have all the attention. I prefer not to live with a cat as I’m prone to chasing the one where I am.

I weigh 9kg and sleep well in an open crate at night. I’m fully housetrained. I’m good on the lead and Iv been learning both manners and recall on a long line. I’m a young dog who needs a fresh start in a new home. My foster Mum is sad but has to do what’s right for the older dogs. I hope my forever home is out there very soon as I really want my full happy ever after.



from Dogs for Adoption & Rescue – DogsBlog.com https://ift.tt/2okbiFG

No comments:

Post a Comment

dog species

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate : By BY GRACE ASHFORD from NYT New York https://ift.tt/Lp4NlVH fr...