Dogsandkittens

Home for Dogs,Kittens And Friends

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Dog Clearing up a Mystery

In Their Voices
Photograph courtesy of Kate Brackett

I didn’t kill the chicken.

Neither did Chaco or Taos or Nishka. We are trained to be bird-proof, even though we are three Golden Retrievers and a German Shepherd. We think it might have been a hawk. Or an owl. Or maybe even a unicorn. Everyone knows those aren’t bird-proof.

I took the chicken to Mom to show her what happened. I thought she’d be proud that I was tattling on the hawk. Or the owl. Or the unicorn. But she was angry! She thought I did it. More than her being mad at me, I was mostly sad because she was disappointed in me.

I didn’t kill the chicken.

How to tell her that? How to show her I was not guilty and neither was Chaco or Taos or Nishka?



from The Bark https://ift.tt/2MIOOYw

No comments:

Post a Comment

dog species

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate : By BY GRACE ASHFORD from NYT New York https://ift.tt/Lp4NlVH fr...