Dogsandkittens

Home for Dogs,Kittens And Friends

Sunday 3 February 2019

A father-and-son ski trip to Andorra

A father-and-son ski trip to Andorra:

Returning to the Pyrenees for a family skiing adventure many years after a stag-do, it’s not just dad who has grown up. So has Andorra …

It is 10am and I’m trying to engage my two sons in their first skiing lesson. My vow to be a patient teacher and never raise my voice to Rafa, 16, and Luca, 14, has already broken. “Get that bloody foot up,” I yell as an outraged professional instructor and his junior students serenely practise snowploughing nearby.

It’s day one, we have only been on the nursery slopes for 20 minutes. I watch groups of young men on the piste ski past me and can’t help feeling middle-aged. The last time I was here was on a stag-do in nearby Soldeu with a bunch of mates. Fast forward 13 years, and I’m back with the groom and our three teenage sons. Times have changed. No more beery nights with the lads, the plan is a different sort of male-bonding experience; fathers and sons on the piste. We’re staying for five nights in El Tarter, opting for half-board at Neilson’s Hotel Del Clos, 350m from the chair lifts to the pistes. El Tarter is very much a family resort and Hotel Del Clos has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere, crèche, games room and good-sized bedrooms, and for the ski-weary, an impressive range of spa treatments.

Continue reading…

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2Ssn3qm
from Tumblr http://bit.ly/2Ts2gk1

No comments:

Post a Comment

dog species

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate : By BY GRACE ASHFORD from NYT New York https://ift.tt/Lp4NlVH fr...