Dogsandkittens

Home for Dogs,Kittens And Friends

Friday 4 January 2019

Dogs On Honeymoons

Should they stay or should they go?

When a newly engaged friend of mine began to make wedding plans, I offered to watch her dogs while she was on her honeymoon. I knew that her dogs would be happy at our house, and I hoped that would allow her to leave any canine-related worries behind. She seemed shocked by my offer, though, because she had never considered going on her honeymoon without her dogs.

When I said, “Oh, you’ll be taking them with you?” she replied, “Of course! Didn’t you?”

In fact, I did not, nor did it even occur to me to do so. I was married almost 20 years ago when it was less common to take dogs on vacations of any kind. Also, we honeymooned in Alaska where we ran a half marathon together, took a plane ride over the mountains of the Alaska range and kayaked on the Kenai Peninsula. None of that would have been possible with our dog. Besides, we wanted to focus on each other rather than on our dog after coming out of the “wedding vortex”.



from The Bark http://bit.ly/2Rt44vw

No comments:

Post a Comment

dog species

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate : By BY GRACE ASHFORD from NYT New York https://ift.tt/Lp4NlVH fr...