Dogsandkittens

Home for Dogs,Kittens And Friends

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Shiloh – 4 1/2 year old male Whippet Cross

Hi, my name is Shiloh. I’m 4 1/2 years old and I’ve been in rescue since I was 6 months old.

I never had a good start in life and was abused. I was beaten and my tail was broken. It wasn’t treated and became infected. I was very poorly. Luckily for me, a lovely lady from West Yorkshire Dog Rescue heard about me and she saved me. No matter what the vets did they couldn’t fix my tail so I had an operation and they took it off. I don’t mind though as I can still wag my stump!

I spent some time in Yorkshire then I came to Islay Dog Rescue in Scotland. I was here for a while then I went to Paws for Progress where I worked with dog trainers and young offenders. I was on this training programme for a year and it shows!! I am very clever. I know how to walk well on the lead, sit, lie down, give a paw, watch you when asked – I can even do some agility!

I am very loving and affectionate. Richard says I am one of the best dogs he has had in the rescue. While that’s nice to know I have spent most of my life in rescue. I see the other dogs come and at night, I lie in my kennel and dream that one day it might just be me who finds a family to love.

Whilst I have lots of good points I also have some points that any new family would have to consider. I have a very high prey drive. This means I cannot live with cats, guinea pigs, hamsters etc. Also, I cannot be let off lead near sheep as I would chase them. This doesn’t make me a bad dog though! It means I need an owner who can manage that and look after me properly.

I used to be very reactive to other dogs but with the correct introductions I get along well with most other dogs. My rescuers have some easy tricks to keep my attention and I am sure they would show you. recently I had a day out to Dumfries House. While I was there we went a big walk around the grounds and I saw several other dogs. I didn’t bother with them at all as my sneaky rescuers had sausage for me instead! It was a case of look at the other dogs or have some sausage – I mean, what’s a guy to do??

We had something to eat and drink in the outdoor cafe. One of my rescuers had a cheese toastie and I liked that even more than the sausage. Cheese would be good to train me with There were loads of dogs coming in and out the cafe area and I barked a wee bit at a couple but not many – there was cheese on the go!! I was so relaxed I lay down in a blanket and had a snooze!!

Part of the fun was travelling in the van. I was on the front seat and I behaved impeccably. It’s good fun travelling as you never know where you are going to end up!

Well I guess that’s all. In the words of the song…….I have a dream.



from Dogs for Adoption & Rescue – DogsBlog.com https://ift.tt/2M2Jmwx

No comments:

Post a Comment

dog species

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate

What to Watch for as Hochul and Top Rivals Meet in N.Y. Governor Debate : By BY GRACE ASHFORD from NYT New York https://ift.tt/Lp4NlVH fr...